BREAKING STEREOTYPES OF SEXUAL ORIENTATION & GENDER IDENTITY
Mile High Behavioral Healthcare (Transgender of the Rockies, Denver ELEMENT) is collaborating with me to create this sculptural exhibit. MHBH will author the exhibit, advise Gina, engage the subject models, and help secure exhibit sites.
• Guess Who's Who?
• Share subjects' and related communities' stories
• Show data and surprising little known facts, e.g., Republican-held state legislatures have passed the most transgender-friendly laws of all states.
• Change perception through lighting and video.
• "What does inclusion mean to you and to your community?" Invite viewers to build "Walls of (Theme Title)" through online platform and at the exhibits.
POTENTIAL EXHIBIT VENUES
• Museum of Contemporary Art Denver
• "Next Stage Now" DCPA
• Arts & Venues Locations (image)
• State Capitol Building (via One Colorado) image
• College Campuses
• Metro Area Community Centers, City Halls
• DIA's Exhibit Gallery (Jennifer, exhibits program director)
• Pop-ups: At tailgaters, malls, festivals ala Norman Lear's mobile semi-trailer exhibit of the Declaration of Independence
• Rotate sculptures on one wall, or self-tour multiple "walls" throughout the metro area
Design, sculpting, painting, constructing, assistants, materials (3-6 subject models) $24,000–48,000
Project development, coordination, delivery, installation $4,000
Promotional photography $1,400
Mobile costs $?
EXAMPLE IMAGES of 3-6 designs coming
TIMING: PrideFest starts June 15, 2020
LET’S DO THIS! (link)